Friday, February 12, 2010

Two

It's only the second day of this diary and it's daunting. The day isn't over. It's Friday 1:19pm. Courts are closed due to Lincoln's birthday. I am not allowed to serve today. Monday I think, is president's day; can't serve then either. Personally I don't think that they would mind.

I don't know much about the founding fathers. Bits and pieces here and there. They're painted by factions in their own way. By some on the "left," the founding fathers are painted as liberals. By the "right," they're conservatives. I tend to think they were more complicated than this, but forget it. Incidentally, when I say left, I mean the American left in the news, not the real American which is marginal. There's not much of a left here in America; left here is center from the right. You have people who parade themselves as liberals who are crypto fascists. You have the extreme right here in America, from the little guy who has his Nazi paraphernalia in the storage room of store, or the basement of his house to big guys, like David Duke and Don Black to people who are too rich to hone in and race hate. The way I look at politics here in America is that there is far right, the # 12 on a twelve inch ruler, and # 6 is the left, 9 is the center, 1-6 is covered, ignored, or something close to it. This gay guy on a train once told me George Washington was gay along with some other founding father. I was surprised but I wasn't sure of the validity of the claim. Gay people claim everyone's gay. A minute number of gay men are under the delusion that most men are gay, somewhere so deep inside they can't see it. That's fucking rubbish. It's like saying, "somewhere you have an addictive personality, you're an addict, really deep down, sniff coke for a month and you'll see."
Bah.
Anyway back to whatever the hell it was I wanted to talking about.
So I've been reading Bukowski after a long time. Ten years ago I got some of his novels, Ham on Rye, Women, Post Office, two non-fiction books, Notes of a Dirty Old Man and The Captain is Out to Lunch and the Sailors Have Taken Over the Ship, and and two collections of poetry, Love is a Dog From Hell and The Last Night of the Earth Poems. I re-read Love is, and Notes, and The Captain. I'm taking a break. Bukowski is one of the most deceptively draining writers ever. So I'm taking a break from Charles. I'm going to read Camus now. Gotta go read ole Albert.

I'm still watching Synecdoche, New York. Slowly, starting to savor it now. It's beginning seems real, but you slowly see the method in Kaufman's writing and directing when the story starts fudging with what you see. It's not real. I've yet to finish it. I'm lagging because I don't want it to end. Anyway, I'll finish it and try not to give the plot away. And the first Camus will be The Myth of Sisyphus. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment