Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Five

I forgot to write something about F. Murray Abraham, and it was a my friend Pete who brought him up when he saw that I had written about Finding Forrestor. I want to but I don't want to. I really don't feel like praising an actor. They're actors. Their performances are fleeting. He's been in many films over the years, but I've seen only a few of them. Serpico, Scarface, The Name of the Rose and The Bonfire of the Vanities and Amadeus. Originally, when pointed out my grievous overlook, I thought, crap, I got to go back and edit and then that will take over my mind and whatever thoughts I've got now, are out the window. I then thought, just move forward, just write a little anecdote about how we forget things. My heart says fuck F. Murray. He's a mean looking son of a bitch and a good actor to boot, well trained it seems. When he plays a villain, the urge to hate him is uncontrollable. That in itself is an accomplishment, someone making you hate the character they played so much that it resonates within that person years later. I can't think of a single person I hate as much as the character of Bernado Gui in the Name of the Rose. Maybe I don't hate hard enough. Every time I see that film, I don't even see the person of Abraham. All I see is Gui and I he infuriates me more every time. Cheers to you, Mr. F. Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment