Friday, June 3, 2011

Thirty three or When Nietzsche threw up.

The miracle of stupidity. This is the sentence that pronounces itself in my head when I see a film as simple and as false as "When Nietzsche Wept". Anyone with any interest in psychotherapy or Nietzsche should avoid this stench of a film. How such stupid films are made to see the light of day are beyond any rational explanation. If someone recommends that you see this film I suggest you either beat them over the head with something heavy (The Will to Power) or run away and forget you ever knew them. Perhaps pinch yourself as hard as you can and repeat the mantra, "I hate you." (Nietzsche's psychological advice to his doctor on how to get rid of the love for his ex-patient in the film.)

My only genuine question here, is: "How did author of the book, Irvin D. Yalom come up with such an insipid novel, he being an accomplished existentialist and psychotherapist?"

No comments:

Post a Comment